Home Insurance

It’s a high chance that your house will be the most expensive purchase you will ever make, filled with your most cherished possessions, so protect it with the right level of building and contents insurance.

Home insurance will cover you for any significant event that occurs in your home, such as a fire, flood, burglary or extensive damage. Home insurance will provide you with somewhere else to stay should you need it, and provide funds to cover the cost of repairs or replacements in the home.

What does home insurance cover?

Home insurance will typically cover against damage to your home in the event of a fire, flood or other natural occurrences. It also covers your personal belongings that are damaged or stolen, like furniture and electronics. Policies will vary from insurer to insurer, so it’s important to always check the policy details before making any final decision.

The difference between building and contents insurance

Building cover protects the structure of your home and the majority of things that are fixed down were as contents insurance covers your possessions; the things you could take with you if you were to move. Although contents insurance isn’t compulsory, having it will ensure that items in your home are protected if they were damaged, lost or stolen, such as furniture, clothes and electrical items, up to the value of whichever cover you choose.

A building policy will require you to estimate the value of the items you want covered in your home, and you will need to disclose any high-risk items you or your family own which cost more than £1,000.

What type of home insurance do I need?

This is where Dan The Mortgage Man can help and advise you. It’s essential to have the right type of policy in place, and we can help you find the right one depending on your particular situation.

There’s no such thing as a ‘one-size-fits-all’ type of cover, so it will all depend on your own living situation which we can discuss. If you are someone who owns a home and has a mortgage, then buildings insurance is usually compulsory as a good policy will cover the full repair and/or rebuild of your home if disaster strikes. Contents insurance would also be beneficial if you would like your belongings protected.

If you are someone who rents a home, then you’ll likely only need contents cover as the landlord should have protection in place for any damage to the building itself.

There is no fixed-answer to which policy you should go for – so please contact Dan The Mortgage Man to discuss a range of possible options that are ideal to you and your situation.

Contact Us Today

Our team of expert insurance advisers know what’s important when it comes to having the right insurance for your home. We have access to market leading products, and we’re here to take the time to listen to your circumstances and then provide you with expert advice to make sure you get a great deal.

To find out more about our buildings insurance and contents insurance services, or you would like some free and impartial home insurance advice, please call the team on 07837 820 894 or email Info@DanTheMortgageMan.co.uk.

We have access to a wide range of lenders

Dan The Mortgage Man tile img
Dan The Mortgage Man tile img
Dan The Mortgage Man tile img
Dan The Mortgage Man tile img
Dan The Mortgage Man tile img