How to claim back compensation from United Utilities

How to claim back compensation from United Utilities

United Utilities will pay compensation of £30 for every 12 hours you don’t have running water and you can read below how to claim back compensation from United Utilities.

This may sound like an odd way to start a blog post on a Mortgage site, so my apologies.  At Dan The Mortgage Man, a large section of our customer base is based in the North West.

Lack of running water on the Wirral

If you’re one of our customers that lives on the Wirral, you may have been affected by a lack of running water this weekend.  According to United Utilities: “The problem was caused by a burst pipe within the local treatment works which provides the water for the area.”

Originally reported as an issue on Saturday (2nd November) at 8.26pm, as I write this on Monday morning it’s now 36 hours that homes in the area have been without a running water supply.

Fortunately, United Utilities will compensate those who have been without running water for more than 12 hours.  Not only that, but the amount of compensation increases every 12 hours.  That means some people will get back £90 for their inconvenience.

How to claim back compensation from United Utilities

You can read United Utilities “Our Promises to you” on their website here.

How do I get my refund from United Utilities?

We’ve called the water company to find out how to claim back compensation from United Utilities.

The good news is that you don’t need to do anything to get your refund.  United Utilities have confirmed that they will automatically refund all affected accounts in due course.

How to contact United Utilities

If you still wish to speak to the company, or if you wish to double-check how much you will receive back, there are different ways to contact them.

Customers who have an online account can access it via

If you need to speak to someone at United Utilities, you can call their customer service teams on the following numbers: 

Water and wastewater queries & emergencies If you have a burst pipe, blocked drain or sewer you can call 0345 672 3723.

Contact Dan The Mortgage Man

Wirral Office: 0151 792 6501
Mobile: 07837 820 894

or contact us online by clicking here.

Find out more about Dan the Mortgage Man

How much can I get back from United Utilities?